The Privacy Officer can be contacted at:
Contact-Me.com.au Pty Ltd
PO Box 241
Western Australia 6915
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged and information automatically recorded for statistical and other purposes to enable us to improve this site and our services.
Your browser supplies the following information:
1. The user's Internet domain (e.g. "xcompany.com.au" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu.au" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address from which you access our website.
2. The type of browser used (e.g. Internet Explorer V 6.0)
3. The user's operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac etc)
4. The date and time you access this site
5. The pages you visit and the documents downloaded
6. If you linked to the Contact-Me.com.au website from another website, the address of that website.
Your activity whilst using this site will be recorded. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except for statistical or marketing purposes, or where otherwise required by law. For example in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise their legal authority to inspect the service provider's logs.
Collection of personal information
Personal information collected by us, for example use of an online form, will only:
1. Be used for lawful purposes
2. Be collected with your consent
3. Be used for the purpose it is collected
When you e-mail us:
1. We will record your e-mail address
2. We will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provide it
3. We will not disclose your personal information unless required to do so by law
4. We do not provide your information to any private organisation. We do collect information for commercial marketing. We will not pass on your information to any private organisation, except we may provide your contact details to organisations contracted by Contact-Me.com.au to carry out research to help Contact-Me.com.au improve its services or companies associated with Contact-Me.com.au.
5. Contact-Me.com.au's guidelines on privacy are in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988.
6. You may obtain further information about the Privacy Act from the Privacy Commissioner's website, www.privacy.gov.au.
When you send Contact-Me.com.au an email, the content of your email may not be secure as it is transferred across the Internet. Once Contact-Me.com.au receives information from you either via e-mail or any other means the information is in a secure environment. Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is granted.
You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. If you have concerns in this regard, Contact-Me.com.au has alternative methods of obtaining and providing information. Normal mail, telephone and fax facilities are available. View Contact-Me.com.au's contact details.
Links to other sites
Protecting Your Privacy
Contact-Me.com.au takes protecting your privacy very seriously and has invested resources in ensuring your personal details are protected when you deal with Contact-Me.com.au.
You can help Contact-Me.com.au to protect your privacy, by taking the following precautions:
1. Protect your computer against viruses and other security risks.
2. Check your browser's security settings when you logon
Contact-Me.com.au will never email you requesting your password or access details. If you receive an email from someone claiming to represent Contact-Me.com.au requesting you to confirm or supply your online logon details, you should delete the email without clicking on any links, or opening any attachments. Please contact Contact-Me.com.au as soon as possible to report this.
Protect your computer against viruses and other security risks
Always make sure that your computer is adequately protected against viruses, Trojans and other security risks when you are using the Internet. Anti-virus software is readily available and worth the investment if you are a regular Internet user.
There are programs circulated on the Internet that—without your knowledge—can install themselves on your personal computer and steal details such as your user IDs and passwords. These programs can then forward your personal information—again without your knowledge—to another computer where it may be used by people for unlawful purposes.
To find out more information about protecting your personal information, type 'Internet Security' into your Internet search engine to find practical advice on measures you can take to protect your privacy when using the Internet.
Check your browser's security settings when you logonâ€¨When you are logging on to Contact-Me.com.au online, look for the padlock icon in the bottom corner of your browser. This icon indicates that you are entering a page with more security features built-in to it. You can find more information about the security certificates built into the page by double clicking on this padlock icon. It is equally important that you know about potential risks to your privacy on the internet so you can minimise these risks by taking appropriate security precautions. These risks could:
a) cause you significant inconvenience or costs
b) result in the loss or damage of your electronic information and / or
c) lead to your electronic records or personal details being misused.
You may want to consider:
installing a firewall (a computer program used to stop unauthorised programs sending information from your computer)
installing anti-virus software and ensuring the latest anti-virus updates are in place using anti-virus software to regularly scan your computer for viruses and installing and regularly running an anti-Trojan program to detect and remove known Trojans from your computer.
Further information on spam email and details for reporting spam email from Australia or spam email that advertises an Australian product, can be found at www.acma.gov.au.
Please note that these companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and s ervices of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Here are some third-party vendors serving ads on this site and you may visit those vendor websites to opt out of cookies (if the vendor offers this capability).